Everybody wants to enjoy the warmth of their cozy homes during cold climates. This warmth can be achieved by a proper working HVAC system. But if you are still experiencing the uncomfortable environment, even in the presence of HVAC system, then there might be some issues with your HVAC system and here are some tips to avoid them;
Improper air flow
• You may experience that some of the house rooms are cooler than the others. It might be because the heated air is not equally distributed and one of the rooms is receiving more air flow.
• The causes might be a clogged, obstructed or dirty duct and the problems with the air filters.
The Pipes might be frozen due to extreme cold
• The extreme cold conditions lead to freezing and the bursting of the pipes.
• The freezing of water occurs when the temperature drops below freezing point and causes the water to expand. This in turn causes the pipes to burst.read our latest blog post at http://contractormag.com/residential-plumbing/hi-rise-low-rise-apartment-homes-see-efficiencies-rise.
Increased heat loss
• The freezing cold weather also offers great problems to heat pump when the temperature outside is quite low. You cannot attain the desired temperature set on the thermostat because of the problems with compressor, leakage in the duct and pilot light. Check all the possible causes and fix them.
• Sometimes the congestion builds up in your system due to build up of contaminated particles, dust, allergens etc. This might affect your system performance.
• You should replace the filters with the new ones for efficient working of your heating and cooling system. The dirty filter lessens the cycle completion and causes continuous breakage in the cycle. This also leads to increased energy bills.
• Dirtier filters can also lead to the spread of the contaminated particles throughout the home, which can be hazardous to health.
Inspection of air ducts
• Carefully examine the ducts for any damage and dents which might be the cause of air leakage.
• The leakage also causes excessive system running which requires more energy consumption.
• Also give special attention to the cleaning of the ducts to remove any accumulated matter causing blockage.
Check thermostat and replace outdated ones
• Outdated thermostats don’t maintain the desired temperature and are less efficient. Such as the outdated mercury thermostats which does not regulate your home temperature well.
• Energy star programmed thermostat is a good option to increase system efficiency along with the reduction of energy bills.
Carry out a carbon monoxide test
• Check your HVAC system for carbon monoxide leakage before arrival of winters.
• Carbon monoxide is a lethal gas, which immediately causes death. The leakage can be due to cracked heat chambers or improper venting. Carefully follow the instructions given in manual before carrying out the test on your system.
Low refrigerant levels
• The performance of the HVAC system can be markedly increased by the low refrigerant levels. The low levels in winter can freeze the system which causes the running of an abnormal amount of emergency heat. This can also contribute to increase energy bills.checkout this website for more related and important information.
• This problem can be fixed by detecting the leaks and repairing them.
The effective measures taken for the HVAC system before and during the winter season can reduce the inconvenience during extremely cold weathers.